Come & study God's Word with the ladies of Journey Christian Church of New Orleans, Louisiana.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Chapter 10: Pausing for a Momentary Summary

Chapter 10 - Wow!  You're doing so well!  I think it's time for a break and allow our brain to really take in all that we've learned about the many names of God.

So  - let's review the names that we've covered so far...


Elohim - Creator

El Elyon - God Most High

El Roi - The God Who Sees

El Shaddai - The All-Sufficient One

Adonai - Lord/Master

Jehovah/Yahweh - LORD

Jehovah-jireh - The God Who Provides

Jehovah-rapha - The God Who Heals

Very Good!!!  Hopefully as you did this review in your workbook you were able to remember their meanings without looking back in your book.  It's certainly okay if you had to flip a few pages - I sure did - but it only helps us in our prayers to really know them from our heart!!!

The next part of this chapter was really a neat experience.  I hope you really took the time to do it.  In fact, I almost skipped it and even thought about calling the local ladies to tell them to skip it too!  

WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!  It was so good - if you haven't completed it - take the time now.  Come back when you've finished.

See... wasn't it good?!  Kay had us take Exodus 17: 1-16 and really analyze it to the fullest.

She had us give the Chapter a Title and had us mark a Key Verse.

I'm curious... What was your Title and Verse?  Okay, I'll be vulnerable with you - here's mine.  And this is what I wrote down before I saw her guidelines for titles and verses (so they may not be very accurate).  Love me anyway?  I hope so!

My Title:  Israel Gets Water & Fights

My Verse:  v15:  And Moses built an altar, and named it The Lord is My Banner;

Now that wasn't so hard was it?  Oh!  And what about the key word - what did you choose for that?  Okay here I go again, making myself vulnerable - mine were:  water (and any water related words), rock, fight/fought, Amalek, and hand

Then Kay had us answer the Who, What, When, Why, Where, & How questions from this passage.  I learned so much just from digging out the answers for myself.  

The majority of what was learned from this chapter was found in the quiet time of reading and analyzing the scripture for yourself.  Isn't this a great way to study God's Word?!

The one thing I will leave you with that I thought was really fascinating about this passage was the rock question at the end of the chapter.

God told Moses to strike the rock and water would come out of it.  Can you think of another rock that was struck?  1 Corinthians 10:4, "and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them, and the rock was Christ."

Ladies - our Rock, Jesus Christ, offers us Living Water.  He was struck and beaten for us - to bring us Healing and to allow us to stand under His Banner!  

I can't wait for Chapter 11 - Jehovah-nissi - The Lord My Banner

Comments:  Please share with me what your title, verse, key words, and something interesting you learned from asking the W questions!

I love you all dearly and am amazed at your faithfulness in this study!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us all! I look forward to praying with and for you as we study God's Word together.